Call for proposals: Seed funding for preparing application and research plan writing in the research area Epidemiology
Lund University and SRA EpiHealth has decided to support the next generation researchers in epidemiology through a call for project seeding funding that will cover salary costs for preparation of a project application and a research plan targeting national funding bodies. A total amount of 1 000 000 SEK is allocated to grant up to five proposals with 200 000 SEK each during 2023.
We now invite applications for seed funding with deadline 6 March 2023.
Target group for this call is post doc researchers and PhD students during the final year.
The aim of the seed funding call is to create possibilities for post docs and PhD students to persue new research questions and identify opportunities for collaboration within the area epidemiology. Desired outcomes of the activities include:
• Increased awareness of capabilities and opportunities for collaboration across the SRA EpiHealth network
• Preparing a research plan and project application for larger national funding bodies; e.g. VR
• Expanding the use of epidemiological cohorts within the SRA EpiHealth for example, but not limited to the EpiHealth cohort
• Proposals are pre-ranked by a group appointed by the coordinator of SRA EpiHealth.
• Information of decision of funding to applicants for proposed projects is given 1 April 2023.
• New collaborations are prioritized
• How the results of the project will be used to create new directions (e.g. a major proposal to VR, Cancerfonden, Forte, Hjärt-Lungfonden)
• Utilization of epidemiological cohorts (e.g the Epihealth cohort)
• Applicants with a postdoc position and PhD students during the final year are eligible to apply
• Applicant will be awarded 200 SEK and funding includes both direct and indirect costs
• The funding cannot be used to cover indirect costs for other projects
• The project should start during 2023
• The applicant has a position at Lund University or at Region Skåne
Outline of the proposal (max 3 pages)
• Name, title, e-mail, phone number and cost center for the main applicant
• Title of the application and description of the project with overall aims, including the novelty regarding research topics, collaboration and how the proposed research will move the field of epidemiology forward
• An outline of expected outcomes and a plan for how the project can lead to a major proposal
• The application can be written in English or Swedish
Deadline and submission of proposal
Proposals are sent digitally to the secretary of SRA EpiHealth, maria [dot] lofstedt [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se (Maria Löfstedt )
no later than 6 March, 2023
Further information and questions
solve [dot] elmstahl [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se (Sölve Elmståhl,) coordinator for SRA EpiHealth
+46 708 538645